Hello Heidi and Kevin and all the staff at Forest Park Funeral Home~
I am back in D.C. and Johnnie is back in Nashville, but we will not soon forget all of you, and how wonderful you all were to Johnnie and me during all the preparations for Mother's services. I want to take some time to let you all know how very much Johnnie and I appreciated everything you did for us. From the beginning, when I met Kevin and felt we were in caring hands, to when the time came to listen as the minister said final words at the cemetery, everyone was just amazing. Johnnie and I would like to thank you all personally, and I wanted to especially note some of the memories that resonated most with me~
* Warren, thank you for following the proper protocols for holding the flowers as Kevin closed Mother's casket for the last time.
* Charlie, thank you for taking the extra time to bring me ice to go in my un-sweetened iced tea.
* Ola, thank you for your serene presence, ensuring all of us were transported safely to our destinations during the funeral.
* Emily, thank you for being there to greet guests as they arrived at the funeral home.
* Heidi, thank you for offering the beautiful and unexpected key chains with Mother's image inside to Johnnie and I, and for the many details you oversaw behind the scenes.
* Kevin, thank you for guiding our path to do what we needed to make the services so beautiful, your droll sense of humor, adfor making sure I was OK, when I had stepped outside to compose myself during the visitation.
There were others that I remember though I did not remember names- the gentleman that came out and let Johnnie and I know when Kevin was detained and made sure we were comfortable as we waited, the lady that put together the incredible and memorable DVD, and the music maker that ensured the right songs played at the right times.
You all made me feel Mother was treated with respect and honor, and blessed to go peacefully to her final rest. Thank you all so much.